Friday 5 December 2014

THE RIPPLE EFFECT OF A VISION.

 Posted By Marvel Adeyemi

Hello friends! yes, it is true I have been away for a long time!.  I'm not happy about that too but it was necessary that  I took some time to get more professional training. Actually I went back to the university to earn a Masters Degree, of course in Counselling!

So far, in my studies, two years now... especially in my research on social behaviour, I have found a principle re-occuring on my journey to self actualisation. it is the principle that a vision is powerful.

When an individual gets hold of a vision, it  affects the behaviour. Goals, investments and relationships will begin to be defined and measured with the standard of the vision.

Very often, goals are drawn from a big picture, called Vision. These goals can be constructive or destructive. Alfred Adler stated that: to understand an individual, one needs to understand the individual's goals (I will add Vision). These goals determine the individual's  behaviour.  Hence, he concluded, that it is therefore, wrong to make conclusions about an individual's behaviour without understanding the goals.


My challenge to you this week: Assess an area of your life that feels unfulfilling, get a vision for it and run with it.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Knowing When It's Time to Seek New Opportunities: Signs from a Well-Being Perspective

 By Marvel C. Adeyemi Introduction : Working in a challenging and demanding environment can take a toll on our mental health and overall wel...